http://alphasecurecapital.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/logo-e1426537613238.png 0 0 lbernut http://alphasecurecapital.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/logo-e1426537613238.png lbernut2015-03-24 03:06:372015-03-24 03:07:44Weekly Equity Indices 2015 - 03 - 16 to 20
5 simple steps to build, understand and use charts
- Trend definition: A bullish trend is a succession of Higher Highs and Higher Lows. A bearish trend is a succession of Lower Lows and Lower Highs.
- Paint and annotate price bars: This is a simple intuitive visual aid. Olive for bullish, Tomato for bearish. Swing Highs are in green, swing lows are in red
- Draw Volatility Channels: Volatility channels are the dotted lines with annotations. They are only featured and colored in the direction of the dominant trend: Olive for bullish, Tomato for bearish. They are calculated as: Bullish Volatility Channel = Swing Low – 1 * Average True Range of 14 days (ATR)
- Annotate the Distance from Volatility Channel: This is the distance from the Volatility Channel to the Bar when swing is identified. Think of it as a simple position sizing algorithm: what size should be traded to riske 1% of the portfolio ?
- Bullish weakness and Bearish strength: are short term counter-trend signals. Weakness is over, bullish trend resumes. Strength is over, bearish trend resumes.
Shanghai Composite bullish weakness